Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shopping!

This afternoon we went to Target and bought 4 First Response Early Result pregnancy tests and a book - "What To Expect When You're Expecting". I've been looking through the book this evening and it's really useful actually. It's already answered a few questions I had, and I've only been skimming through it! I'd definitely recommend it, it's very informative and easy to read. It also has a lot of pre-conception information which I've found useful.

Apparently coffee is OK during pregnancy, up to 200 mg per day (about 1.5 cups of the kind we drink). Even so, yesterday I decided not to drink any more coffee. I know that when my mom was pregnant with me she had a strong aversion to coffee, so maybe I'll have the same problem with it anyway. I just feel better avoiding caffeine, even though it's not strictly necessary.

I haven't had any alcohol for ages and I won't be now until after we have our baby! I've never smoked so that's not an issue for me.

I'll have to cut out sushi, which I love, but that's OK.

Damn, I'm so bloated and gassy right now... I feel so fat! I wonder if it's the prenatal vitamins doing it to me, I've heard they can make you gassy. I guess I'll have to get used to it then!

No comments:

Post a Comment