Wednesday, October 26, 2011

CD6

My period showed on Friday, so my LP was 13 days again. I was disappointed for a little while, but I'm over it now. There's no point in dwelling on what could have been, after all. I have to admit that when I was cooking hubby's 30th birthday breakfast pancakes this morning, and it dawned on me that if I had been pregnant I'd be telling him today (if I'd been able to keep it to myself this long, haha) - that kinda hurt a little. Oh well.

I changed my mind about the B-50 complex, I'm gonna keep taking it at least for this cycle. I might keep up with it regardless of it having any effect on my LP. A 13 day LP is fine anyway.

About the whole TTC thing, I sometimes have my doubts about whether I really want to be pregnant. It's crazy, because I really do want to be! I've always wanted to be a mom, you know? I think sometimes it just freaks me out a little, that's normal right? (I hope so!). Then I have this somewhat irrational 'fear' that we won't be able to have kids. I don't have any reason to believe that we'll have problems, so I don't know where that comes from. Weird, huh?

I'm baking a red velvet cake this afternoon for my hubby, I hope he likes it! I'll post a pic if it turns out well... I've never made one before so it'll be interesting! :)

Lately I've been really wanting to get another dog. I must be crazy, right? I mean, we have 2 already. I just really would like a third, it would have to be a boy because 3 girls would be a nightmare (we had enough trouble with the 2 girls we have, until we got the dog trainer involved). Anyway my hubby eventually agreed to go to a big adoption event on Sunday (I'd been pestering him about it since Saturday evening and he said no until Sunday morning) and I got all excited thinking that if he was up for going to the event, we might get another dog. Wrong! Granted, the pugs they had there on that day weren't probably the best match for us. Our girls are 2 and 4 so we'd probably need to get one around the same age. I'd actually love to adopt an older one but it would have to be a very playful older dog, otherwise it would get really pissed with our younger one (she always wants to play). I don't think that the rescue would match us with an older dog for that reason. Anyway, we're going to the pug rescue fundraiser this coming Sunday and I know they'll have most of their pugs there. We wouldn't even have to fill in an application because we've already adopted from them, and they know us. It would be so easy! I don't think there's any hope though, my hubby isn't ready for another dog and said he won't be for 1-2 years! I tried to reason with him, saying that if we want to get another dog, it'd be better to get one before we have a baby so that we can iron out any issues we may have before the baby comes. Plus, if I get pregnant at some point soon, we're very unlikely to adopt when we have a tiny baby. I'm hoping that he'll come around, but it's probably futile honestly.

So, I've been talking to him about fostering for pug rescue - they always need foster families for dogs until they find their forever homes. He seems OK with the idea - he said we could foster 1 and see how it goes. Maybe we could end up fostering 2 if it went well with 1. I think it would probably break my heart when they found their forever homes, but I'd just have to try not to get too attached. It's easier said than done, though, because some dogs end up being long-term fosters. You never know how long you might have them for - it could be a few days, a few weeks, months or even a year or longer! It would be a good thing to do, though - it would be nice to help the doggies find their homes. I think I'll email the pug rescue lady today and ask about it. I'm not really sure how it works, you know, the logistics of it all (vet bills, food, etc.)
The thing that worries me is that if we foster one who really fits in with us and our girls - wouldn't it be a shame to then have them go live with someone else? Ugh, I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. I guess we won't know unless we try though...

No comments:

Post a Comment