Saturday, October 27, 2012

Going for it

I got a call from a lady at my OB office on Thursday, who had been told my message was for her (it wasn't). When I called I specifically said my message was for my OB, and I left the message on the doctors' voicemail, so I don't know how that happened. Anyway she relayed my message to my OB so she called yesterday morning. I asked whether we could monitor the SCH by ultrasound periodically and she said that in my ultrasound report no actual dimensions were given for the SCH, which means it's very small. She said it's probably just a little speck, which doesn't need monitoring. So we decided to go ahead with the NT scan, and she said I can ask the person who does the scan to check the SCH if I want to.

I'm a little nervous about the NT scan, but we're going to try and look at the results in a logical, level-headed way. Hopefully there won't be anything to worry about but if there is, we'll deal with it when the time comes. I'm in the process of scheduling the scan now (well, I will be on Monday morning when the office opens). We were out of town yesterday and my cell phone signal wasn't great, so when we got home we had a message on our home phone but it was too late to call them back.

My OB said that between 11 and 12 weeks is the best time to get the NT scan, so if that's the case it will hopefully be done before Thursday next week when I reach 12 weeks. I know it can be done between 11 and 13/14 weeks though, so if it can't be scheduled before 12 weeks we can still get the scan. We're very excited about seeing our baby again, and hoping that everything looks great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment