Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I think I'm 1-2 days post ovulation now

I'm pretty sure I've ovulated already - sometime between Sunday and Tuesday. By last night my CM was creamy rather than really wet, so we're probably past my fertile window for this month. There's definitely a chance we could conceive this month though, because we 'did the deed' (DTD) on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We also DTD last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday too. Even though there's probably not a lot of point so far as baby-making is concerned, we'll probably DTD today as well. I think it's important to not make it into a chore so we should do it as often as we want to even when I'm not likely to be fertile. I really think sex should still be fun and enjoyable!

I've been reading a lot of 'trying to conceive' (TTC) forums recently and I've gathered some good information there, but I think a lot of the people on there really are too obsessed with the whole thing. Now, I'm kinda obsessed too, but I mean they're obsessed to the point where they're probably stressing themselves out and in doing so, slashing their chances of conception. I believe that stress plays a role in it - if you're stressed out, you can mess up your cycle.

I do understand that a lot of those women have been TTC for a long time and I'm new to it, so maybe if I get to the same point as them I'll be the same way. Of course, I'm hoping never to get to that point - I really hope that things will happen naturally for us, without the need to chart basal body temperature (BBT) and use ovulation prediction kits (OPKs) because those things sound like a complete pain in the ass! Maybe if we haven't conceived in the next 3 months or so I'll look at doing the BBT thing - those thermometers are only about $10 - but I'm hoping I won't ever have to use OPKs - they're expensive and they sound like a hassle ($20-$50 per cycle, and you have to use them at the same time of the day, apparently in the afternoon, and you can't drink anything for 4 hours beforehand!).

While I really do want a baby... really really... I'd like the baby-making process to be as relaxed and stress-free as possible. At the moment since we've only just started TTC, I don't think there's any need to overly worry about anything. For all we know, we've already conceived and it's just a matter of time until we find out! (Wishful thinking on my part, obviously, but this is all part of me trying to be positive about it).

Maybe just believing in yourself, and your body's ability to do what comes naturally to it, will go a long way toward making it happen. I believe I'm meant to be a mother, no matter how long it takes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment