Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's (almost) official - I'm ovulating! :)

I did more research on ovulation and it turns out the type of CM I have (and have had the past 2 days) is the most fertile! Wow, it is ovulation after all! I suspected that I was ovulating, but what I read last night confirmed it for me really. Plus, yesterday I was having left-sided pelvic cramping - during ovulation you can cramp on one side, the side that releases the egg. So that makes sense! :)
Also, nausea can be a symptom that you're about to ovulate - I had a headache and was really nauseous on Saturday and Sunday (Sunday was worse for the nausea, Saturday was worse for the headache).

It sounds silly but I honestly cried a little when I read that - after coming off birth control pills, I had no idea what my cycle would do (I thought it might be months until I ovulated) so knowing that my body is getting back to normal is such a great feeling! It also means that this could be our month to conceive, which would be the best thing ever! I've read though that you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant with each cycle, so I shouldn't get my hopes up too much because the chances are I'll have them dashed.

A lot of women do pregnancy tests 10-12 days post-ovulation (DPO), so I could probably do one in about 10 days from now. That's before my period should be due, but the test I have is meant to be accurate up to 5 days before your period is due. I think the tests are more likely to be accurate if taken later than 10 DPO, but honestly, by then I'll probably be desperate to find out! Logically I should wait for 2 weeks from now, and if I don't get my period then I should test. I have a feeling I'll probably test a couple of days before then, which should still give me an accurate result anyway. If I get a positive result I don't know what I'll do - laugh? Cry? It would be amazing, seriously amazing!

I know that getting pregnant isn't a guarantee that you'll end up with a baby, there are a lot of things that can go wrong, but it'd be such a fantastic feeling to know my body can do something so awesome. I hope to God that we never have to experience miscarriage or late-stage loss, because we'd be absolutely heartbroken. I know people who have miscarried and it was awful for them. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to go through that...

No comments:

Post a Comment