Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Here we go again...

Just when we figured we'd heard the last from my in-laws, the phone rang tonight. Thank goodness we recently got caller ID, so we didn't pick up. We listened to the voicemail, and it was my FIL. He hasn't been in contact with us in more than 6 months, and we haven't seen him since before New Year. We figured he was collateral damage from the cut-off of crazy MIL. Anyway, he said he's been sick and that's why he hasn't been in touch. My hubby is on the phone with him right now (I told him he'd be better off calling him now when we know he's home, rather than risk having MIL answer the phone.)

I think my hubby is having a hard time with this - after this long, we weren't expecting a call. I'm not sure what the next step is, but it isn't FIL we really have a problem with so maybe things can pick up where they left off with him. As long as he doesn't start pushing for us to resume contact with BSC MIL, we should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment