Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Waiting on a call back

This morning I called our insurance company to find out if the NT scan would be covered: the answer is yes. I then called and left a message for my OB asking her to call me to discuss the NT scan. When she calls I'm going to ask if there's any way we can monitor the SCH without doing the NT scan. If she says no, then I think we'll go ahead with the NT scan. I actually really hope she'll agree to send me for a regular ultrasound, because I'm fully aware that the NT scan can present a whole range of issues and I'd rather not deal with that. I know we probably don't need to do the NT scan, since we're not considered "high risk" for chromosomal abnormalities. I really would like to see our baby again, though, and it would be so reassuring if the SCH is shrinking (or gone altogether).

I'll update when I hear back from my OB, anyway  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment