Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CD1

I just got my period...

I actually feel quite fine about it, I didn't cry or anything which even surprised me a little bit. To be honest, it's kind of a relief to know that my body is adjusting to being off the Pill. I would've loved to have gotten pregnant this month, but it was a long-shot having just come off birth control pills and it's not something that's likely to happen right away anyway. I definitely got too carried away with the idea that I could have been pregnant during the 2-week wait, and I need to try not to let that happen again from now on.

So today is cycle day 1 (CD1) and I actually started temping this morning. My BBT upon waking (at 6 a.m.) was 97.3ºF. I'll keep doing that daily and see if some kind of pattern emerges.
I've already concocted a plan for DTD this cycle - we'll DTD on CD8, CD10, CD12, CD13, CD14, CD15, CD16, CD17, CD18 and CD19 and then CD21, CD23, CD25 and CD27. That will cover us for the entire time that I could possibly ovulate! In fact, it's probably too much, but whatever! Some people say that it's better to DTD every other day because it gives more chance for sperm production, but the book I have says every day is fine and doesn't lessen your chances of conceiving. So we'll try to stick to my schedule! I'll also hopefully be able to tell from my BBT readings when ovulation actually happened, too, but after the fact unfortunately. I don't really wanna start using OPKs at this point but the temp thing isn't a big deal and it doesn't cost anything on a monthly basis, so I'm cool with that. So is my hubby so that's good! He hasn't heard of my DTD plan yet but I'm sure he won't have any objections, hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment