Monday, July 18, 2011

CD20

Still no ovulation according to my charts! Aaargh! I had quite a lot of cramping last night, not painful but noticeable, and was sure I must be about to ovulate. Hmm... Maybe I will today, then? I hate having to wait until tomorrow morning to find out if I ovulated today!

When I woke up and took my BBT this morning, I got the idea in my head to take a HPT. I knew full well that it was 99.9% going to be negative, but I did it anyway. I was right, it was negative! Why I did it, I don't really know. Just as well I bought that pack of 50 for under $10, isn't it? I guess I was trying to rationalize why I haven't ovulated yet and thought, "Well, if I'm pregnant, I won't ovulate!" - even though I know my period was horrendous and there can't be a chance of me being pregnant! This TTC thing drives me crazy sometimes, I swear!

I really, really hope that I will ovulate today. I need to! I'm starting to worry that it might not happen this cycle and that would royally suck. I know that stress can delay ovulation, so I'm trying not to stress about it, but I don't think I'm being super successful. In fact, I'm clearly failing miserably because I can't stop thinking about it!

Now I always said I didn't want to use OPKs but I'm thinking maybe it would be a good idea for my next cycle, if we don't conceive this time. Or, it could also drive me crazy like the temping thing. I was thinking about the temping and how if I wasn't doing it I would just assume I've already ovulated and wouldn't be worried about it, and maybe sometimes ignorance is bliss... However, if you don't ovulate and it becomes a regular thing, you can get Clomid which will make you ovulate, so I guess if I don't ovulate this time or next time, or the time after that, I can go to the doctor and get a prescription for it. I'm hoping I won't need to though! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment