Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I ovulated! Woo-hoo!


Yep, that's right! I ovulated on CD21 (the earliest since I began charting!). I'm very happy; if we're not successful this month then at least my O day seems to be heading in the right direction. I'm hoping that as time goes on, I'll O closer to CD14. I guess it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to have shorter cycles!

This means AF is due on 2/4. I'm hoping to get my BFP instead, of course.

We just got the news today that my hubby has to go on a week-long business trip in the middle of February. My first thought, after "That sucks!" was, "Oh good, it won't coincide with ovulation!". LOL. I guess it's a good thing that we don't buy into Valentine's Day, because he'll be almost 1800 miles away. I'll miss him but we've been apart for much longer before, when we were in a long-distance relationship. We'd go 3-4 months without seeing each other and that was hell, so this will be fine. He'll only be gone Monday through Friday, too. I just hope the dogs behave for me while he's gone...

About half an hour ago, some idiot rang our doorbell twice in quick succession and then proceeded to bang on the door. The dogs went crazy of course (they hate the doorbell) and in the process of me trying to crate them they started fighting. I got bitten by Suzie pretty badly on my index finger - she broke the skin on either side of my knuckle. I don't think she meant to bite me (she was trying to get to Gracie), but still. The best of it is, whoever the idiot was who caused the frenzy didn't even wait for me to answer the door. If it was important enough to ring the bell twice and bang on the door, with no gap between any those things, then they could've waited the 45 seconds it took me to get to the door. I mean, they would've heard me shouting at the dogs, for goodness sake - they knew someone was home. Ugh, I hate some people!!!

Speaking of which, over the weekend someone stole my debit card number and emptied my bank account. Well, they actually put me in the red. Wonderful, right? I was woken on Sunday morning by a call from the card company asking me to verify a transaction at a gas station in Michigan. Um, nope, it wasn't me. Never been there in my life. Anyway, it turns out there were 4 transactions before they called to ask me if I wanted to block the card. We went to the bank yesterday to sort it out and now I'm waiting to get my money back. The lady at the bank said we were the fifth customers she'd seen yesterday with the same problem. Isn't it a sad reflection on society that this kind of thing is so common? I had the same thing happen to me years ago in the UK. Anyway, hopefully the people who do that kind of thing will get what's coming to them. Karma is a bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment