A few days ago, it came to me - why not use an old pillow? We have a few that we never use anymore, so it seemed like a good solution! So, I set about making a cover for the pillow. I ended up making two, because I figured if it was double-covered it might be more durable. I used Velcro - no zips for her to chew off! This means the covers are removable for washing, which is obviously a must for a dog bed.
Anyway, here's the finished result:
|Little Miss Destructive seems to approve!|
|This is her favorite toy - a dragon! I've had to fix him a few times too!|
Let's see how long this bed lasts! At least it only cost $6 for the fabric (and I have some left). I already had all the other stuff I needed. It took about 3 hours from start to finish. Hopefully it wasn't a waste of time!
In another effort to keep busy, I spent some time today working on the blog. I added some pages and changed the layout a little. I think it looks a lot better now! :)