Thursday, February 21, 2013

Failed!

I got a call from my OB office this morning. As soon as I picked up I knew what it was gonna be - I failed my 1 hour glucose test on Monday. Great. I asked what my number was: 133. Apparently the cut off is 130. I failed by 3 points - so typical! I know most women who fail the 1 hour test do pass the 3 hour test, so I'm not overly worried yet, but I'm really bummed about failing the 1 hour! I'm going in tomorrow morning for the 3 hour test. Originally I said tomorrow wouldn't work, because I'm supposed to be getting the house ready for my mom and stepdad arriving tomorrow night. I scheduled it for Monday morning, but then thought about it and decided to just do it tomorrow. I don't want to have to think about it over the weekend. I know I won't get any results tomorrow, but at least the test itself will be out of the way. I should probably prioritize my health (and that of my baby) over houseguests, anyway - the house will be fine, no worries. If it's not perfect then oh well - we've had such a shitty week with the kitchen disaster, that I don't really care anymore! Hopefully those machines are leaving today, by the way. They'd better - they're driving us crazy.

It's going to be really boring doing the 3 hour test - I guess I'll just take a good book with me! My phone battery is really dodgy so I probably shouldn't rely on being able to mess around on that for 3 hours, LOL. I did a 2 hour glucose test back in June when I was having infertility testing, and I passed it just fine, but gestational diabetes is different of course. I really hope I don't have it. I think the odds are in my favor - I read that something like 80% of people who fail the 1 hour test pass the 3 hour test. It's just something I have to do. Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck. I am sure you will do fine, especially being sooooo close to the cut off! I had to do the 3 hr test for the same reason. At least you can enjoy some quiet time without any loud machines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Star! I hope you're right! :)
      Funny thing is, the machines left last night. I wish I could've done this 3hr test earlier in the week while they were still here, LOL!

      Delete