Friday, February 22, 2013

I survived

I survived the 3 hour glucose test! It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. I took a good book with me and spent about half of the time reading it. The rest of the time I was wasting time using my phone and partly watching TV. I'd say the worst thing about it was not being able to drink any water until after the test - I've been drinking a lot of water every day, so it wasn't nice not being able to have a drink! My veins cooperated, thankfully, so I'll have 4 new bruises to go with the 2 from Monday. I was a little worried that they might be tricky so I was glad when they behaved, LOL.

My hubby came to pick me up when I was done and he brought me my water bottle and a yogurt! He's too sweet. I'd asked for the water but he thought of the yogurt on his own. On the way home we got drive thru Burger King (bad, I know, but I was absolutely starving by that point and the baby was going crazy for food, hehe).

Now I just have to do some cleaning and then I have to take our pug, Suzie, to the vet - we realized last night that she has a UTI, poor baby. She peed in the house which she never does, and there was some blood in it. She's had UTIs before with the same symptoms, so we're pretty sure that's what it is. After that, grocery shopping, more cleaning, dinner and then we'll head to the airport to meet my mom and stepdad!

I'm so glad I did the glucose test today rather than waiting until Monday. I feel a lot better knowing that it's done. Man, yesterday I was in the shittiest mood! Everything was just really getting to me. It really helps having all the noisy machines gone (they left at about 7 last night), and being somewhat ready for our visitors. Now I just need to stop procrastinating and do what needs to be done! Wish I could just take a nap instead, hehe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment